Life is a jungle. Ever luscious yet full of uncertainty. And in the midst of it all there is YOU, a beauty survivalist. You go through the journey relying on your own resources and sometimes, your squad. Because life wasn’t meant to be trekked alone. You may get beat down but you get up again. And you make sure you look damn good doing it!
#JungleQueen – that is what you are. You embrace obstacles, sometimes with procrastination but you stare it right in the face. And of course, like a true goddess that you are, you work hard to look the part. Looking this good have never felt so great.
Inspired by tropical heat and colours of the season, I bring you your summer mood – a beauty lookbook that exhibits warm Hawaiian days and sizzling Ibiza nights.
Photography, Makeup and Hair by Grace Welch | @wakeupandvogue
Model: Rachel H. | @rachelalexishiggins
The quick how-to:
- I warmed up Rachel’s skin by applying Honey Bronze Tinted Face Gel by The Body Shop (TheBodyShop.ca, $18).
- To even out her skin without compromising her beautiful freckles, I applied a sheer amount of Ultra HD Foundation by Makeup For Ever (Sephora.com, CAD$52) all over the face then lightly applied Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener (Sephora.com, CAD$28) under the eyes.
- To bring out the shape and colour of her eyes, I applied warmer, golden tones from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette on the lids (TooFaced.com, CAD$67) then one coat of Perversion Mascara by Urban Decay (Urbandecay.ca, $27) on the lashes.
- For an all over glow, I highlighted cheeks with the ABH Glow Kit in That Glow (AnastasiaBeverlyHills.com, USD$40) followed by swiping Soleil Matte Bronzer by Too Faced ($38) on the side of the forehead, cheeks and jaw line.
- Then I finished the whole look by swiping her lips with Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Coral Calling (EssenceMakeup.com, $2.99) then Elate Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Sprightly (ElateCosmetics.ca, $18) on top.